Director of Development/Communication
FPWA is a major umbrella organization for a network of human service agencies, is seeking a Director of Development/Communication to organize and manage the fund raising and communications for the organization; and to strengthen existing and build new relationships with board members, foundations and individual donors. We seek to significantly expand our individual, foundation and corporate donor base over the next 2-3 years. The position reports directly to the Executive Director, and has the following responsibilities and requirements:
1. Creating and implementing a comprehensive multi-year strategy and fundraising goals.
2. Planning and coordinating the Executive Director/CEO’s fundraising efforts, including providing briefings beforehand, coordinating follow-up and developing key messages for CEO speaking engagements.
3. Engaging the Board in fundraising and communications and coordinating and supporting their efforts. Working with the Board Development/Communications and other Committees on all tasks related to the Fund Development and Communications functions.
4. Planning and editing all proposals and appeal letters in conjunction with the grants writer.
5. Planning and supervising FPWA’s foundation, corporate, and direct mail solicitation campaigns.
6. Cultivating the present donor base and finding ways to increase that base.
7. Supervising all special events, working with consultants and the Development Committee.
8. Overseeing Raisers Edge Data management.
9. Supervising the department staff
10. Extensive experience in at least three of the following areas: Foundation Solicitations, Corporate Solicitations, Major Gifts, Direct Mail appeals, Government Funding, Planned Giving.
11. Proven track record raising money in New York area preferably for non profits.
12. Experience supervising staff and managing systems.
13. Ability to use Raiser’s Edge computerized data systems.
14. Familiarity with New York City’s social service sector a plus.
15. Ability to think strategically and creatively, build consensus, be a team player and bring vision and energy to the organization.
16. BA minimum, MA preferred, 5years + experience in development, fundraising and communication or marketing
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply please send a current resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to the attention of Emma Guzman at firstname.lastname@example.org
FPWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.