Faith Based Services Student Intern
The Member & Faith Based Services Department provides a varied array of services to member organizations, affiliated churches and faith-based institutions, and the non-profit social services community, including financial assistance to member agency clients in need, group purchasing services for non-profit social service providers, human resources consulting to member agencies, capacity building for early care and education programs, recruitment and referral of professional level volunteers and board candidates, coordination of corporate service projects and distribution of gifts-in-kind. The department has primary responsibility for the FPWA Annual Conference and the Annual Toy and Gift Drive.
The Student Intern will work primarily and extensively with the Emergency Food & Shelter Program (EFSP) and its participating churches and faith-based institutions to support FPWA’s role as a financial conduit of federal grant monies. In this capacity, the student will assist to track and monitor the spending balances of participating churches and faith-based institutions, process check requests for the timely payment of invoices, and keep detailed records in support of the program.
- Provide accounting & record-keeping functions in support of FPWA’s fiscal conduit services to churches and faith-based institutions operating food programs.
- Engage churches and faith-based institutions in their being responsive to program initiatives.
- Perform clerical & record keeping functions related to the needs of Faith-Based Services.
- Various clerical duties--typing, photocopying, filing and errands as needed.
- Answering telephones for the office.
- Provide support for conferences, workshops and programs conducted by Member & Faith Based Services.
- Provide back-up assistance to other FPWA departments and staff as directed.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint with an outstanding comfort level in Excel. Clear writing, speaking, and the ability to organize large amounts of data will be essential parts of the job. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Must be enrolled and attending courses at a post-secondary institution pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree; must demonstrate financial need
- Must be able to work a minimum of 12 hours per week, but not to exceed 20 hours per week
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; PowerPoint is a plus
- Creative self starter gifted in taking initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to take detailed messages; excellent grammar and spelling ability.
- Punctual, reliable and detail-oriented.
- Honesty and strong personal character.
- Desire to be part of a team approach.
- Comfortable communicating by phone often while speaking with a variety of stakeholders
- Willingness to learn and take initiative when appropriate
- Prior clerical or office experience is preferred
EXPECTED DRESS CODE: FPWA employs an agency-wide business casual dress code that includes the option of office-appropriate casual wear on Fridays.
SALARY: $8.00 per hour
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
FPWA is an equal opportunity employer.