Strengthening Human Service Agencies
Youth Workforce Toolkit
The Youth Workforce Toolkit: A Standard Employer Guide to Support Youth and Young Adults in the Workplace is designed to help employers of all types and sizes recruit and train youth for employment. It provides concrete steps that business leaders can use to engage and successfully work with young people, and contains:
- Components of a youth career development model to assist employers in directing young workers so they will have the tools to succeed within a company.
- State and federal guidelines for employing minors.
- Compensation information for key types of positions for youth and young adults.
- Information about partnerships between employers and community-based organizations that support youth as they progress through internships, training and/or various careers.
- Sample forms that can be used when employing youth and young adults.
- A helpful orientation checklist for employers to utilize for new staff in their companies or businesses.
Click to download the Youth Workforce Toolkit pdf (1137095 bytes)