FPWA provides member agencies with a unique opportunity to nominate students already enrolled in college for scholarships to assist with tuition costs.
- Reside in the New York City metropolitan area
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have overcome personal adversity
- Be currently enrolled as a junior or senior at an accredited college for the 2016 fall semester
Each agency can refer up to two students entering their junior year and up to two students entering their senior year, for a total of four referrals per agency. The application deadline is June 20, 2016. Please contact Blanche M. Centeno-Hatwood to obtain an application and additional details.
**Find out more about the 2015 College Scholarship recipients here.
2014 COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS:
- Hyisheem Carlier, nominated by Hudson Guild
- Conloon Chan, nominated by Asian Americans for Equality
- Maribell Guerrero, nominated by Hudson Guild
- Marleny Heredia Acosta, nominated by Harlem RBI
- Brandy Martinez, nominated by Harlem RBI
- Carlos Montanez, nominated by Henry Street Settlement
- Terrence Moore, nominated by SCAN
- Louise Phillips, nominated by Harlem RBI
- Melissa Rodriguez, nominated by Hudson Guild
- Patricia Vazquez, nominated by Harlem RBI
- Tiffany Viruet, nominated by Harlem RBI